Castellated Steel Beams Efficiency by Topology Optimization
Keywords:Topology Optimization, Castellated Beam, Cellular Beam.
The IWF structure of castellated beams has developed its application along with advances in manufacturing technology which is applied to commercial and industrial buildings, especially the use of wide span beams and high rise buildings that require many beam openings as heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) lines. Castellated beam has the advantageous characteristics of cross-sectional inertia and larger cross-sectional modulus than the original IWF steel beam. In addition, it has the ability to carry a greater moment with greater stiffness.
The purpose of this topology optimization is to produce the optimum layout and opening of the body plate which has a smaller weight or volume but has greater stiffness. Optimization is done by using a linear analysis of Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Topology optimization gives us optimum results and a clear result of the initial design (shape, width of openings and number of openings) resulting from the objective function (minimization of weight or volume) and the constraint function (structural stiffness, stress, displacement and volume ratio).To determine the relationship between the layout model based on shape density, stiffness ratio and volume ratio, a finite element topology optimization study for IWF steel profiles of 300x150x6.5x9 will be carried out with several volume ratio constraints of 0.5; 0.4 and 0.3. Topology optimization results will be validated and compared with the use of castellated beam product industry PT.Gunung Garuda Steel Group which is widely used in the Indonesian market.
How to Cite
Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is held by the author.
- The author grants the journal first publication rights with the work licensed concurrently under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of authorship and initial publication of the work in this journal.
- Authors may make separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of that journal (for example, posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (for example, in an institutional repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as doing so can lead to productive exchange, as well as earlier and greater citation of the published work. .
- Published articles and related materials distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Civilla (Jurnal Teknik Sipil Universitas Islam Lamongan) by Universitas Islam Lamongan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://jurnalteknik.unisla.ac.id/index.php/CVL/index